[CentOS-devel] Getting CentOS up to date on SPARC

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Jun 21 23:16:10 UTC 2006

Kevan Benson wrote:
>> If you are interested, and have the time to spend this might be
>> something you can get involved with ?
>
> I would love to donate time, but don't have any.  I DO have quite a few Netra
> T1 105's I was planning to try to sell.  Perhaps donating 1 or 2 would help.
> Older and slower than the X1's though.

If people are interested in helping with the testing and development
side of things - rather than building itself, these box's would come in
handy.

What part of the world are you located in ?

> http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/Systems/Netra_t1_105_shared/spec.html
>> Would a NetraX1 be beefy enough to be a build box ?
>
> I've often wondered that, what sort of hardware do you guys generally devote
> to a build box?

There are quite a few box's being used in the i386 and x86_64
buildsystems, a couple of Sun V20z's and home brew AMD64's and Xeon's
and P-4's. Lots of ram and lots of drive space.