[CentOS-devel] Re: New XFS code for the CentOS-4 Kernel from SGI

Bill Hoover

hoover at deadmoose.com
Wed Mar 15 19:33:54 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 10:33 -0600, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> James Pearson wrote:
> > Works fine for me - although I haven't used it on an NFS server with
> > file systems over LVM/MD ... etc.
>
> I have not heard any negative feedback - but then I have not heard much
> positive either.  :)  There is one patch in there that should go away, now that
> there is a VFS change in the U3 / -34 kernel.  I'll try to get an update out
> after a bit.

Thanks - I was wondering about the new kernel, since I also plan on
upgrading to the new U3 bits as soon as they are available.  I'll keep
an eye out.  I also hope that in the application I have I wouldn't run
into any of the stack-type issues.  It WILL be an NFS server, but other
than that it would be simple - no LVM, no software RAID, etc. since it
is a simple filesystem on top of a hardware RAID-0 set.