[CentOS-devel] RPMS and REPOS and REPO-Linkages

Kevan Benson kbenson at a-1networks.com
Fri Nov 17 22:57:21 UTC 2006

On Friday 17 November 2006 14:32, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 12:48 -0800, Kevan Benson wrote:
> > >
> > > I can see the need for possibly 2 different repositroies here to
> > > provide diferent strokes for different folks :-
> > >
> > > maybe
> > >
> > > centosplus-base linked against base - usable for people who only want
> > > to include particular packages and want them linked against base +
> > > updates

?

This doesn't really seem to address what I was talking about (or at least it
doesn't contradict it, the quoted section could apply to everything I
described easily).  I'm talking mainly about the default naming convention in
centosplus of packages that supercede a package in the core package set.  I
included an example of an RPM built against another package in centosplus
because much of this thread has been about addressing how to accomplish that
in manner that is consistent and intuitive.

--
- Kevan Benson
- A-1 Networks