[CentOS-devel] php-pear from dev.centos.org repo

Ryan Courtnage

ryan-lists at coalescentsystems.ca
Fri Nov 10 19:28:25 UTC 2006

Hello,

I'm attempting to update the PHP packages on my CentOS 4.4 server (x86_64).

I'm currently running PHP 5.0.x from the "centosplus" repo.  The goal
is to run PHP 5.1.x, which is in the "testing" (dev.centos.org)
repository.

However, I'm finding that attempts to "yum update php\*" results in a
php-pear dependency error:

---snip---
Error: Missing Dependency: php = 5.0.4-5.centos4 is needed by package php-pear
---snip---

I've tried to sidestep the issue by removing the currently installed
php* packages, and then installing the stuff from dev.centos.org.
Doing this, I find that php-pear-1.4.9-1.centos.noarch.rpm doesn't
install the PEAR DB module (DB.php), which my applications require.

Has anyone else seen this?  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Ryan