[CentOS-devel] Re: New nx/freenx RPMS for CentOS-4 i386 in the Testing Repo

Johnny Wahnstroem

johnny.wahnstroem at spray.se
Thu Nov 23 15:19:14 UTC 2006

> If you are using the CentOS version of NX / FreeNX, please test this
> version and provide feedback on this list.  Barring any show stopping
> negative feedback, these RPMS will replace the current versions in
> CentOS extras in 2 weeks.

Here's one positive report from the "now it works again" dept:

After updating the NoMachine NX client (to nxclient-2.1.0-9) on a FC6
machine, I could not successfully connect to my CentOS 4.4 server using
the old freenx/nx packages currently in CentOS Extras.

However, after an update on the CentOS server, using

        yum --enablerepo=c4-testing update nx freenx

...connections work again. Before, the connection eventually failed
due to some form of timeout. I didn't dig into the issue, since I
stumbled onto your post and dediced to try out the updated packages
just for kicks. Turns out the update did the trick.

In summary: the updated packages nx-2.1.0-2.c4 and freenx-0.5.0-11.c4
            "just work" for me.