[CentOS-devel] Re: New nx/freenx RPMS for CentOS-4 i386 in the Testing Repo

Sun Nov 26 12:08:39 UTC 2006

Johnny Hughes wrote:
>> after the initial install, but then they work just fine.
>> Now I'd like to update them to the testing ones, using yum. How can I do
>> this - the .repo file in your posting does not work - my $basearch is
>> wrong !? I think yum should have an option to override $basearch, or the
>> i386 packages should somehow be visible in the x86_64 repo.

> They are both .i386 packages and I could put them in the x86_64 repo ...
> but I haven't checked that all the dependancies are meet in the other
> parts of the x86_64 repo.

not working for me, on a clean x86_64 box, i did a yum install nx
freenx, and its setup fine ( pulls in openssl.i686 and a few more deps -
nothing X related ). I can use a client ( again from a x86_64 machine )
and login, the auth goes through fine, the desktop comes up too. But I
get no window  borders in the nx session, and using the mouse is a hit
and miss situation, the pointer seems to be offset by about 80 px X 30
px, making it effectively unusable.

Is there something that I might have missed here ? I am a NX Noobie, so
if anyone has words of wisdom to shed, please do so.

- KB