[CentOS-devel] Re: testing / qa process

Alex Palenschat alex at nssmgmt.com
Fri Oct 13 19:21:07 UTC 2006

> Instead of blocking on (lack-of) feedback, I'd suggest
> considering something
> like:
> 1.  Put pkgs in "testing"
> 2.  If no bugs reported after X days/weeks, move out of testing
>
> At least this way nothing gets perpetually stalled in testing.
>
> -- Rex

Just my 2 cents, but I have used some packages in the testing repo
successfully. I certainly am not in a position to test them in a large
production/enterprise environment and outside of the testing repo I try
really hard to stay as vanilla as I can with my boxes. But I'm not
certain what I can do except troll this list and say WorksForMe when
somebody asks. I wouldn't guess that the signal-to-noise-ratio would be
acceptable if everytime I successfully installed and used for a week
package x that I post a new thread saying it worked.
Perhaps you could find a method of requiring prospective users of the
testing repo to subscribe to this mailing list. That way more users
would see when a question/poll was asked in regards to a given package.

Just an idea,

Alex