[CentOS-devel] Do not update packages without changelog please

Johnny Hughes

Sun Oct 8 22:57:22 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-10-08 at 20:07 +0200, Milan Keršláger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I see that there are updates and no lines with reasons in the SPEC file
> (%chagelog). Please include changelog messages to allow track the
> changes and reasons for this (when something breaks for example). Also
> there are a tools for tracking changes in the updated system by emailing
> %changelog changes together with sw updates.
>
> Also there is almost no documentation even FC6 devel tree has a same
> package with a lot more docs:
>
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/perl-IO-Socket-SSL-1.01-1.fc6.noarch.rpm
>
> There is still a question if the "stable" tree of CentOS 4 Extras should
> have latest and greatest package (in compare with FC4 or FC5 tree).

That is because this is the original release of that package for CentOS
in extras ... there is therefore nothing to change in a changelog.

It is a first build done of that package ... and I did not use the FC
package.  It is a simple repackaging of the CPAN module in a standard
perl template.

Thanks for your concern,
Johnny Hughes