[CentOS-devel] testing / qa process

Johnny Hughes

Fri Oct 13 22:41:16 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-10-13 at 09:15 -0700, Greg Swallow - SkyNet wrote:
> Karanbir Singh wrote:
> > The CentOS Project provides packages in addition to the packages from
> > RH's sources. We need to ensure that these packages are tested in a user
> > environment for a while, and only released to the public via the
> > mirror.centos.org network once there is some reasonable surety as to the
> > functional and bugs situation with the package.
>
> Just a comment on the mysql/php/postgresql rpms in the dev repo.  I see
> Johnny, and I'm sure others, are awaiting the release of the Rehdat Web
> Application Stack srpms -
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/nahant-list/2006-October/msg00091.html -
> Once those are available they apparently will be security patched for 3
> years from now - https://www.redhat.com/security/updates/rhappstack/
>
> Does CentOS or someone have a copy of the SRPMS, or know what versions are
> available?  There must be someone on the list here with a subscription...
>
> (My point was maybe to wait on pushing the php, mysql and postgresql rpms
> from dev into centosplus in case Redhat backports patches to slightly older
> versions than what are in the dev repo)

Greg,

That is my hope, that we can take all that is in the RHWAS and get that
into centosplus ... at least the non jboss app server parts of it that
are enterprise maintained SRPMS.

I do believe that these are going to eventually be released on the
public RH ftp server ... I am just trying to help the process along a
little :-P

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes