[CentOS-devel] firefox 1.5 for CentOS-3 i386/x86_64

Tru Huynh tru at centos.org
Wed Sep 6 08:41:40 UTC 2006

I have rebuild a firefox 1.5 for CentOS-3 if you are interested to try.
I think we should remove the obsolete 1.0.x versions from centosplus.

- centosplus firefox for CentOS-3 was you backported version from CentOS-4
which was itself from FC5 with svg enable.
- since 4.4 RH provides firefox 1.5 without svg inside base, I have re-added

Changes for CentOS-3 version:
- removed pango (CentOS-3's is too old)
- removed langpack (smaller footprint)
- added svg

a dev version (resigned with the dev keys) is on dev.centos.org:

* Tue Sep 05 2006 Tru Huynh <tru at centos.org> -

- from
- Modified for CentOS-3
-- post/postun update-desktop-database
-- desktop-file-utils dependency
-- removed the langpack
-- removed pango
-- re-added svg

* Sat Jul 29 2006 Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> -

- Changed the CentOS sources from FC5 to EL4 version as upstream released
  now for EL4
- Added CACert as a default CA (add_CAcert.org_cert.patch)
- replaced firefox-redhat-default-bookmarks.html with
- replaced firefox-redhat-default-prefs.js with firefox-centos-default-prefs.js

* Thu Jul 27 2006 Christopher Aillon <caillon at redhat.com> -

Tru Huynh (CentOS-3 i386/x86_64 Package Maintenance)