[CentOS-devel] CentOS-4.4 yumconf

Matt Hyclak hyclak at math.ohiou.edu
Thu Sep 7 14:01:48 UTC 2006

On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 03:38:26PM +0200, Michael Paesold enlightened us:
> John Summerfied wrote:
> >Michael Paesold wrote:
> >
> >>Now that does not work anymore, and I would have to replace
> >>centos-release to get the same effect. I will have to rebuild this
> >>centos-release package for every CentOS release.
> >
> >Won't this also cause problems when upgrading to the next release?
> Of course it will. :-(

Not with proper exclude= lines in your configuration it won't. After all,
since you made the centos-release package yourself, you can control what
goes in that file, so an exclude line should be trivial.

Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics
Department of Social Work
Ohio University