[CentOS-devel] CentOS-4.4 yumconf

Michael Paesold

mpaesold at gmx.at
Thu Sep 7 13:38:26 UTC 2006

John Summerfied wrote:
> Michael Paesold wrote:
>
>> Now that does not work anymore, and I would have to replace
>> centos-release to get the same effect. I will have to rebuild this
>> centos-release package for every CentOS release.
>
> Won't this also cause problems when upgrading to the next release?

Of course it will. :-(

With number of unhappy people I have seen on this list now, I would ask
the CentOS maintainers to change that back so that the former yumconf
files come from a separate package (if it comes from a single src.rpm,
that's perfectly OK).

Although I understand the arguments for the change, I think going back
to how it was done before is the lesser of both evils. Just IMHO.

Best Regards,
Michael Paesold