[CentOS-devel] CentOS-4.4 yumconf

John Summerfield

debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Thu Sep 7 14:35:06 UTC 2006

Matt Hyclak wrote:

>>>Not with proper exclude= lines in your configuration it won't. After all,
>>>since you made the centos-release package yourself, you can control what
>>>goes in that file, so an exclude line should be trivial.
>>>

>>Eh?
>>Doesn't Anaconda look at the release file to see what it's supposed to
>>upgrade _from_? If it doesn't recognise it, how will it know how to upgrade?
>

> Have we moved away from yum into respun CDs?

No, I was thinking of the upgrade many folk will want to do to CentOS 5.

If folk are creating alternative release packages I wonder whether they
will create problems for themselves at that time.

While Anaconda has an argument to force it to upgrade, and it would
almost certainly work upgrading CentOS4 (or even WBEL) to CentOS5, it's
not the sort of thing people should use in the ordinary course of events.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait