[CentOS-devel] CentOS-4.4 yumconf

John Summerfield

debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Thu Sep 7 17:39:23 UTC 2006

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> John Summerfield wrote:
>

>> Eh?
>> Doesn't Anaconda look at the release file to see what it's supposed to
>> upgrade _from_? If it doesn't recognise it, how will it know how to
>> upgrade?
>>

> you might want to read up on what anaconda is and when its used. you
> seem muchly confused here.

See function getRedHatReleaseString in /usr/lib/anaconda/partedUtils.py

It's looking at the release file, and the content matters.

I don't think I'm very confused at all.

(it happens I was looking in the general area for other reasons).

To override the contents of that, you specify "upgradeany" when booting.

Now, if people go creating their own centos-release package and changing
the contents of that file (as they should), then they are inviting trouble.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait