[CentOS-devel] Re: CentOS-4.4 yumconf

Tue Sep 12 16:19:56 UTC 2006
Greg Swallow - SkyNet <gregswallow at skynetonline.ca>

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> thanks for sharing this with us, I think Matt is also working on
> something similar. Either way, this sounds like a good wiki candidate to
> me. Can we get it on there somewhere ?

Another tip if you don't want to use the centos-release provided repository
information is to add "reposdir= " to your yum.conf, and they'll be ignored.
Put your custom ones in the yum.conf itself, or in another directory, and
list it in the reposdir option.

reposdir
A list of directories where yum should look for .repo files which define
repositories to use. Default is `/etc/yum.repos.d, /etc/yum/repos.d'. Each
file in this directory should contain one or more repository sections as
documented in [repository] options below. These will be merged with the
repositories defined in /etc/yum.conf to form the complete set of
repositories that yum will use.

Greg