[CentOS-devel] XFS module ... big troubles

Fri Apr 27 13:55:57 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-04-27 at 14:48 +0200, Gernot Stocker wrote:
> On Friday 27 April 2007, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> > On Thu, 2007-04-26 at 22:31 -0700, Maciej Żenczykowski wrote:
> > > Could you give the machine a good solid couple hours of memtest?
>
> This weekend I will try to run the memtest over night but I don't expect any
> results from this test. We were already running a scientific application in
> testmode, which in general reports almost immediately if a RAM is not
> working properly. It is stresstesting CPU and RAM and is crosschecking
> the numerical outcome with precalculated results. It stops immediately as
> soon as the result differ from the expected ones.

OK ... I can confirm that I copied a large file (650mb ISO file) from
ext3 to XFS partition ... and the MD5 sums were indeed different

(This is on an i686 kernel, with the standard module loaded)

However, I did not have any errors in:

"xfs_logprint /dev/hda3"

so this is quite strange.

> > I have set up an i686 test box to grab the XFS test suite out of SGI's
> > CVS.
> >
> > I will run this test suite for i686 (and also for x64_64) and work with
> > SGI to address failures.
>
> That' sounds lika a good plan! Let me know when you have a fix for the
> module or if I can help you with a module which gives you more debug
> information. Just let me know what to do.

I have the test suite compiled now and I will kick off this test in a
little while.

> > I will also test the specific issue brought up below as well.
> >
> > Should have some progress on this issue today.
>
> Cool!

-- Johnny Hughes