[CentOS-devel] XFS module ... big troubles

Gernot Stocker

gernot.stocker at tugraz.at
Fri Apr 27 12:48:19 UTC 2007

On Friday 27 April 2007, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-04-26 at 22:31 -0700, Maciej Żenczykowski wrote:
> > Could you give the machine a good solid couple hours of memtest?

This weekend I will try to run the memtest over night but I don't expect any
results from this test. We were already running a scientific application in
testmode, which in general reports almost immediately if a RAM is not
working properly. It is stresstesting CPU and RAM and is crosschecking
the numerical outcome with precalculated results. It stops immediately as
soon as the result differ from the expected ones.

> I have set up an i686 test box to grab the XFS test suite out of SGI's
> CVS.
>
> I will run this test suite for i686 (and also for x64_64) and work with
> SGI to address failures.

That' sounds lika a good plan! Let me know when you have a fix for the
module or if I can help you with a module which gives you more debug
information. Just let me know what to do.

> I will also test the specific issue brought up below as well.
>
> Should have some progress on this issue today.

Cool!

> Thanks for testing,

No problem,
Gernot