[CentOS-devel] yumex-2.0 in testing

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 16:28:58 UTC 2007

On 8/18/07, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> yumex-2.0 is now available in the testing repository for centos-5, this is the
> first stable release from Tim, meant for the EL5 platform. As always, please
> leave feedback so we might be able to move this into centos-extras.
>
> Information on the testing repository including usage is available at
> http://wiki.centos.org/Repositories
>
> - KB

Installed on both i686 and x86_64.  I have some notes about this version.

(1) I unselected the autorefresh option in Preferences. This changed the
line "autorefresh=" in /etc/yumex.conf from "1" to "no".  However,
upon next start, refreshing still takes place.  Could someone test on
this?

(2) Just a wish list. I would like to see the "Select All" and
"Deselect All" buttons like earlier versions in addition to (or
instead of) "Add All" and "Remove All".

(3) When repolist gets out of testing, will it be possible to
integrate it in yumex? It will be very nice to be able to see all
repos with priorities etc.

Akemi