[CentOS-devel] Modify Live CD image

Matt Gessner mgessner at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 01:19:13 UTC 2007

Wow!  Thank you!

I spoke with a couple people on #centos who didn't think it was
possible to do.  THANK you greatly.

I don't know what Knoppix does differently, but I noticed that their
/lib/firmware was accessible on their live cd.  May it be possible
that in the future, the centos live cd's could do the same, or perhaps
something like this could be made to work via a USB key?

In fact, I'll ask now; is it possible to mount my /lib/firmware off a
USB key and do things THAT way, during startup, so that the broadcom
driver finds the files there?

Thanks again!