[CentOS-devel] Using CentOS trademarks/artwork etc.

Thu Aug 2 22:46:18 UTC 2007
Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net>

Hi,

mythdora is a project that uses Fedora + some ATrpms packages to
create a mythtv livecd/dvd. For quite some time I wanted to see it get
a cousin based on CentOS5. The packages are already available, it
"only" takes some glue.

What are the rules to play with regarding CentOS trademarks/artwork?
Is it OK to use them, perhaps even derive some artwork out of it (a
television like CentOS logo? :)

Would names like mythcentos or similar be OK with CentOS?

Not that it matters in this context, but who owns CentOS trademarks
and artwork? I hope someone does at least in the US to prevent any
abuse.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net