[CentOS-devel] Using CentOS trademarks/artwork etc.

Fri Aug 3 17:40:49 UTC 2007
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>

On 8/3/07, Daniel de Kok <danieldk at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-08-03 at 07:57 -0400, Jim Perrin wrote:
> > On 8/3/07, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Being that we (ATRPMS/CentOS) are working together on some projects
> > > already and if you are interested in doing this MythCentOS project under
> > > the CentOS umbrella, then we can discuss this among the Core CentOS
> > > group ... but I think we would agree to allow a MythCentOS to exist and
> > > use the CentOS name.
> >
> > Gets my vote.
>
> If Axel is interested, I agree that it would be nice to look if that can
> be worked out.

Well I think Axel's question though does cover some other issues though.

What are the CentOS trademark guidelines? Currently there do not seem
to be any listed on the website. There do not seem to be any in the
included product, and there does not seem to be a registered
trademark. I know this gets into the murky area of law, ip etc.. but
it does come up and people's assumptions that they can use it for
anything they want because it is not OBVIOUSLY registered, protected,
or guidelined..