[CentOS-devel] CentOS 5 Beta Initial Test Release

Lance Davis lance at centos.org
Thu Feb 22 14:54:28 UTC 2007

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007, Ralph Angenendt wrote:

> Lance Davis wrote:
>> If folks here want to be a part of that test they need to join the
>> centos-qa list (http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-qa) and
>> send a message to this list (centos-devel) saying that
>> they would like to be a part of the qa process and join the qa team,
>> with details of relevant experience if you are not known to the core
>> developers.
>
> I don't know if the above text was understandable: QA process begins
> with CentOS5, but this is a general call for people wanting to do QA for
> CentOS, not only being first getting access to CentOS5(beta). So if you
> really want to subscribe, you're in for a longer time ...

Perhaps I did mis-phrase - ok -

If you want to test CentOS 5 Beta by doing a test install (or many) then
you do _not_ need to become a part of the qa team , but can do so when it
is
released.

Joining the qa team means getting involved with the process by which the
release gets from internal to public release and we expect folks to do a
lot
more than just test the distro ...

We are looking to put together a whole suite of tests and checks that the
distro will undergo before release.

The CentOS-qa team will manage that process ...

So - if you want to test CentOS 5 beta - please wait for the release ...

If you want to be involved with developing and managing the qa process by
which it gets released then you need to join the qa team.

Please note that because the qa team will have access to unreleased
material, membership is not automatic and members will need to be known to
other
members or to the CentOS core developers.

If you think that you have asked to be a part of qa-team and dont
want/need to be then please either email here or unsubscribe from
centos-qa mailing
list .

Regards

Lance

--
uklinux.net -
The ISP of choice for the discerning Linux user.