[CentOS-devel] CentOS 4 Samba - More bugs (Was: Re: CentOS 4Samba - Excel 2002/2003 bug)

Mike Fedyk mfedyk at mikefedyk.com
Mon Feb 26 23:42:32 UTC 2007

Ross S. W. Walker wrote:
> [...]

One purpose for "Enterprise" distros is to insulate a system from the
fast pace of the upstream open source projects and I have no problems
with that.  In fact, I am happy for that.  One such upstream project
that sorely needs that right now is asterisk and Fonality with trixbox
(centos based) is in a position to do just that.

What I am questioning is whether some of those enterprise distributions
are backporting enough of those bug fixes to get the good without all of
the possibilities regressions that typically happen with upstream
projects.  Specifically with the rhel4 samba package, it looks like
there need to be more resources put toward bug fixes.

Mike