[CentOS-devel] Timeline for C5 beta / final?

Sun Feb 18 02:53:19 UTC 2007
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

Ovidiu Lixandru wrote:
> Rodrigo Barbosa wrote:
>
>> I have at least 1 machine I'll have to do it. And, guess what ? It is
>> a remote machine (datacenter in another country).
>>
>> Should be fun.
>
> Duplicating the remote setup to a local/virtual machine and giving the
> upgrade a shot before tinkering with the live server won't hurt. ;)

A killer on remote machines can be when the new kernel detects your NIC
cards in a different order and either skips initialization or assigns
the wrong IP's.  It may be hard to test that unless you have indentical
hardware.  If you have remote support you may be able to talk someone
through the fix anyway.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com