bugs.centos.org (was RE: [CentOS-devel] Re: kernel-2.6.9-42.37.EL.c4test is available for i686 and x86_64 in the Testing Repo)

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Sun Jan 7 12:12:37 UTC 2007

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> John Summerfield wrote:
>>>
>>> its to report issues, however these testing kernels are a special case.
>>
>> "issues" is one of those weasel words, whose meaning I simply do not
>> understand. Can you pleas expand on what you mean this time?
>>

> The Cambridge dictionary defines it as : "a subject or problem which
> people are thinking and talking about"
>
> seems quite clear to me.

Never heard of your dictionary:-)

dictionary.com lists 35 definitions, several of which might be intended,
and that's my point.

It seems to me that the word "issue" is frequently used when someone
doesn't wish to acknowledge a bug, outage or other problem or deficiency
exists with their product or service.

--

Cheers
John