[CentOS-devel] CentOS 5 ArtWork

John Newbigin jnewbigin at ict.swin.edu.au
Fri Jan 19 01:31:30 UTC 2007

I don't know what is involved, but I am requesting wide screen support
for the background.  My TV runs CentOS-4 but it's 15:9 aspect means that
by default, the centos logo is stretched sideways.

Perhaps the answer is with gnome (or whatever draws the background) to
have a 'stretch but maintain aspect' mode.

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> There has been some work going on with the CentOS-5 Artwork stuff on the
> wiki ( url : http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork ). Now is the time when we
> are asking for more feedback and larger community involvement.
> Also, I want to make sure that people understand we are not limited to
> using only one set of the artwork. We would need to use one default, but
> further sets might get added into the artwork packages for post install
> user options.
> - KB

John Newbigin
Computer Systems Officer