[CentOS-devel] Re: Language lists

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon Jan 22 16:35:51 UTC 2007

Lennert Buytenhek spake the following on 1/20/2007 1:45 PM:
> On Sat, Jan 20, 2007 at 10:31:55PM +0100, Daniel de Kok wrote:
>
>>> But yes, I think that this is a very good idea. I myself am trying to
>>> "man" a german speaking list for CentOS.
>> I have spotted quite a lot CentOS users in the Netherlands, so here's
>> a +1 for a NL list.
>
> As to me personally, I'd be much more inclined to write a reply to
> a user asking "How do I compile a kernel?" than a user asking "Hoe
> compileer ik een kernel?", because I know that the time spent on
> answering the former question will potentially benefit many more
> people than the time spent on answering the latter question.
>
> And I think that finding Dutch people that don't speak English well
> is so unlikely (I don't know any, at least) that I wouldn't be inclined
> to help people in Dutch.
>
> (I don't know how other people feel about this, YMMV, etc.)
Maybe the moderators can translate and pass on any good helps, or tougher
problems that don't seem to get solved. With good moderators, there shouldn't
be that much cross traffic. CentOS seems to have a very wide and varied user base.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and