[CentOS-devel] CentOS5 virtual machine image

Daniel de Kok danieldk at pobox.com
Thu Jan 25 15:54:30 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 16:16:26 +0100
Nils Toedtmann <centos-mail at nils.toedtmann.net> wrote:
> there is a demand for ready-to-boot virtual machine images for distros
> like CentOS.

FWIW my uninformed opinion as a user: I have played with Xen support in
the latest RHELv5 beta and Fedora Core 6, and I think it could well be
the beginning of the end of prebuilt images for most uses. With
virt-manager, bootstrapping a virtual machine is as easy as providing a
repository URL and a kickstart file.

Personally, I'd rather like to change my kickstart file a bit than
downloading yet another (potentially untrusted) prebuilt image. YMMV.

-- Daniel