bugs.centos.org (was RE: [CentOS-devel]Re: kernel-2.6.9-42.37.EL.c4testis available for i686 and x86_64 in the Testing Repo)

Fri Jan 5 23:02:59 UTC 2007
Greg Swallow <greg at runlevel7.ca>

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Greg Swallow wrote:
> > Karanbir Singh wrote:
> >> Another issue I want to point out here is that please report all
> > issues
> >> with these testing kernels upstream at http://bugzilla.redhat.com/
> >>
> >> And if you have any issues - please do report them, or pass them on
> > here
> >> so we can verify and report upstream.
> >
> > For the benefit of everyone, can you please clarify what
bugs.centos.org
> > is for?
>
> its to report issues, however these testing kernels are a special
case.

> these testing kernels are being built after speaking with the guys
> upstream and the only reason why I did that is to get wider testing
done
> on some of the patches before they go into the distro.
>
> I fail to see what the problem with that might be ?

No problem, I was agreeing with you about reporting bugs upstream for
packages that are just rebuilds of upstream, including the testing
kernels.  Maybe I should have made a new subject for the thread rather
than half-hijacking the other one.

Greg