bugs.centos.org (was RE: [CentOS-devel] Re: kernel-2.6.9-42.37.EL.c4test is available for i686 and x86_64 in the Testing Repo)

Sun Jan 7 12:24:08 UTC 2007

John Summerfield wrote:
> It seems to me that the word "issue" is frequently used when someone
> doesn't wish to acknowledge a bug, outage or other problem or deficiency
> exists with their product or service.

The reason why we prefer to think of it as being an issue tracker rather
than a bug tracker is because we use the bugs.centos.org setup for
things other than bugs as well.

eg. We often ask for good and bad feedback on packages in the testing
repositories on the "issue tracker". We might also register an issue at
bugs.centos.org and actually report it elsewhere where the bug really
exists and use the bugs.centos.org ticket as just that - an issue
tracker. There have also often been many situations where we've tracked
specific driver issues ( some bugs, mostly just user issues ) there as well.

I suppose most organisations have a support system, a bug tracker, a
contact and knowledge base setup. We just have the mailing lists and the
issue tracker :)

- KB