[CentOS-devel] Kernel for Oracle

Mon Jan 8 08:49:50 UTC 2007
Hampus Linden <hampus.linden at gmail.com>

On 1/8/07, TEOTONIO <lercio.gontijo at gmail.com> wrote:

> When installing oracle (10g for exemple) modifications are need on
> kernel parameters in file /etc/sysctl.conf.
>
> Well :-) ---
> This modifications cannot be done directy on kernel
> source code?
> The kernel source code are prepared for oracle?
>
> I am interest on make this modifications, if this needs.
>
> Tks

These are dynamic values, why would you want to hard code these in to the
kernel so you would have to
recompile the kernel to change them.
The SHMMAX value should be tuned to your machine and the SEM values
suggested by Oracle are as they say, suggestions.
Any particular reason you would want them hard coded in the kernel? I find
the possibility to change them on the fly
quite convenient.