[CentOS-devel] Re: CentOS5 virtual machine image

Wed Jan 31 22:47:51 UTC 2007
Nils Toedtmann <centos-mail at nils.toedtmann.net>

Am Donnerstag, den 25.01.2007, 20:54 +0100 schrieb Nils Toedtmann:
> Am Donnerstag, den 25.01.2007, 17:01 +0000 schrieb Karanbir Singh:
> > One of the things on the ToDo list here is a document for a known
> > process to help with this migration -> Move a C3/C4 machine into a VM
> > under C5, so that your C3/C4 apps remain supported and function as they
> > do now, while still getting the added benefit of C5 on the host.

Btw: you have to use kernel-2.6 on Xen3 (or HVM), is that an option for
C3?

> I am willing to write a migration guide.

Here is a beta version, probably still full of typos:

  <http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Xen/MoveNative2DomU>

I hope it works for you, too. Please comment,

/nils.