[CentOS-devel] Repos - Was: php-pecl-mnogosearch

David Hrbáč

hrbac.conf at seznam.cz
Wed Jun 20 07:40:42 UTC 2007

Karanbir Singh napsal(a):
> Why would this goto CentOSPlus ? none of these things overwrite anything
> included in the base distro - if anything they should be candidates for
> centos extras.

Hi,
I'd like to start some discussion about repositories and custom RPMS.
>From time to time there are posts to list about new custom RPMS. There
is practically no way to include these RPMS into CentOS, so number of
"private" repos is growing. So I ask, isn't a time to find some way out?

My suggestions:
1) find some repo and try to colaborate (Dag's rpmforge?!?)
2) really open Extras repo
3) redirect all new RPMS to upstream (Fedora)
4) something totally different

Thanks,
David