[CentOS-devel] nx-3.0.0 RPMS

Thu Jun 28 23:48:13 UTC 2007

Akemi Yagi wrote:
> I am testing it on a C5 x86_64 machine.  First, I needed to uninstall
> the existing nx-2.x to install the new nx-3.x.  Otherwise, I get an
> error:
>
> unpacking of archive failed on file /usr/lib/NX: cpio: rename

the prev nx-2.x was a i386 package, the nx-3 one is x86_64, but rpm does not
like dir's changing to symlinks iirc, which might be the cause of this issue.

> Now, nx-3 has been installed but does not work.  I get connected but
> with a black screen.  After 1 minute or so, the whole thing
> disappears.

anything interesting in the nxsever logs ? if not, try setting up your node.conf
and turn on logging to debug level and see ( this is on the server end )

Also, what client version are you using ? Is the client installed on the server
end as well ?

- KB