[CentOS-devel] Centosplus release and updates cycle

Leonardo Vilela Pinheiro leopinheiro at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 14:22:09 UTC 2007

Hi,

I´d like to understand better the release cycle of Centosplus packages.

>From http://mdw1982.com/pipermail/centos_search/2006-March/006556.html :
"Packages for centosplus are submitted to the
developers, we check package quality, build, stability, etc. We
discuss the packages, and they go to the development repository. If
they get enough positive feedback, they move to centosplus. If not,
they sit there because ostensibly there is no one using/pushing for
them."

For every package in Centosplus, is there a responsible person in charge,
which should release security updates/patches for it?

Do you know how is this process inside Red Hat, and how our process compare
to theirs?

Thanks