[CentOS-devel] Building perl (and perl threads memory leak)...

James Olin Oden

james.oden at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 16:53:33 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I'm trying to rebuild the version of perl that is in CentOS 4.3 to
update the version of threads::shared(3pm) that has a serious memory
leak in it.  When I try to build it some of the tests its running fail
(failure went off my screen but I'll have that in a moment) and it
failed to build.  BTW, I'm building on a CentOS 4.2 system.

So my questions are two fold:

   - Does anyone know of any known issues with building the perl SRPM in
     general?
   - Once I have the latest threads::shared in buildable SRPM is there
an interest
     in picking that up, or is there anyone that would like to put it
in a repository?

Cheers...james