[CentOS-devel] Re: [CentOS] RHWAS rebuild efforts

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Sat Mar 10 23:47:23 UTC 2007

Leonardo Vilela Pinheiro wrote:
> Maybe this thread should go to centos-devel list.

sure, and moved!

> Can you give us more details on what packages need JDK, and which JDK?
> I'd like to understand what is going on, which packages are not ported
> to Centosplus yet and why.

There are bits of jboss and mod_jk stuff form rhwas4as that need the
java stuff.

> Do we have to build (compile) JDK?

if you want to, but considering its unlikely we will get the sources for
1.5.x jdk, I'd say we might need the route of nosrc.rpm instead :)

> Can't we use JPackage.org's and give users instructions on how to
> install and enable their repository?

Maybe thats possible ( I know at least the mysql-jdbc package has its
origins in jpp ) , would you like to take this effort on ?

Jim and HughesJr have been looking at the rhwas stuff, if you are
interested in taking this up, maybe we can start a wiki page with details.

- KB