[CentOS-devel] Zero day updates upstream

John Newbigin

jnewbigin at ict.swin.edu.au
Fri Mar 16 07:29:52 UTC 2007

I recommend including all available updates including the kernel.

Regarding the kernel and hardware requiring a driver disk. Either the
driver will still be ABI compatible with any new kernel installed at
'run time' - or - the driver is not compatible and a new driver is
required regardless.

The only issue to investigate is any artificial restrictions on driver
disks imposed by anaconda.

I have not used a driver disk since RHEL7.2 so I don't know what issues
might lie there.

John.

--
John Newbigin