[CentOS-devel] anaconda dependency calculation?

Jeff Johnson

n3npq at mac.com
Fri Mar 16 18:02:35 UTC 2007

On Mar 16, 2007, at 1:39 PM, Nicholas Byrne wrote:

> Thanks Jeff i'll do that, should have thought of that myself
> really. Out of interest (if you know) is there a "proper" way
> though (even if it's not released/stable etc)?

AFAIK, the replacement is rpm-metadata xml instead of hdlist headers.

hdlist headers are dirt simple compared to the tools necessary to
parse xml.

FYI, rpm-4.4.3 and later has a -H,--hdlist command to query hdlist's

E.g.
	rpm -qa -H
displays all the headers in a hdlist.

There's also a -T to display the order in which rpm would install, as
     rpm -q -HT

Some of that functionality might be useful no matter what rpm you have
chosen to install and use.

73 de Jeff