[CentOS-devel] Installing both x86_64 and i386 RPMS on a x86_64 system

James Pearson

james-p at moving-picture.com
Thu Mar 22 15:54:44 UTC 2007

I have my own internal customised installation tree for CentOS 4 that is
used for installs over NFS - I've added extra RPMS to my x86_64 distro
and updated comps.xml and re-generated the hdlist files.

This works fine in most cases - except when I have both x86_64 and i386
versions of the same RPM - only the x86_64 package gets installed (or if
there is only an i386 RPM, then this gets installed OK).

I know this works fine for x86_64/i386 RPMS that are part of the default
distro, so I'm obviously missing something somewhere ...

Anyone know how I make sure both x86_64 and i386 RPMS get installed?

Thanks

James Pearson