[CentOS-devel] Back-port md raid1/10 BIO_RW_SYNC patch for DRBD

Ross S. W. Walker

rwalker at medallion.com
Thu Mar 1 19:47:22 UTC 2007

<snip>

> Does that make a difference, will yum recognize it as a
> upgrade or dependency from the current version?
>
> Also I didn't install the standard kernel I did a yum update
> from 2.6.9-42.0.8.plus.c4smp and it went ahead and installed
> the standard?
>
> Maybe the mirror hadn't received all the updates yet and it
> decided the standard was the best candidate?

It was the mirror having not sync'd up all the updates.

I did notice something, that might have been true before, but
just noticed now. The kernel development headers are marked
as upgrades to the previous ones so you can only have one
installed at a time.

That makes it hard to compile kernel drivers for previous
versions you may have installed if you need to revert back
to the previous version.

-Ross