[CentOS-devel] Zero day updates upstream

John Summerfield

debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Fri Mar 16 03:23:44 UTC 2007

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Matt Hyclak wrote:

> Just talking to Lance and Johnny online, and we feel the best way
> forward might be to add an Media-Updates/ repo on the iso's itself -
> then list both the local media updates as well as mirror.centos.org
> updates repo's in the anaconda screen, both disabled.
>
> We feel this gives us the max wins in each direction ( but will slightly
> increase the data size on the last cd, as packages from cd-1 will move
> to cd-2 etc.
>
> I will still try and ensure that a minimum install is possible using
> only cd-1, but cant promise that.

How would a kickstart user get the updates enabled?

I'm thinking the updates should be on one cd/dvd* by themselves, but
obviously there should be a way to make Anaconda to look, and find out
they're there. No problem for a network install, of course, there just
needs to be a standard place for the updates.

Or USB disk or other location. 1 Gb flash drives are getting extremely
cheap:-)

--

Cheers
John