[CentOS-devel] Anaconda Slides in "Other Than English"

Ralph Angenendt

ra+centos at br-online.de
Tue Mar 27 21:48:43 UTC 2007

Rodrigo Barbosa wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 06:07:48PM +0200, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
>>> Attached file has been UTF-8...
>> Not in my mutt >:)
>>
>> I     2 anaconda_czech_slides.txt       [text/plain, 8bit, us-ascii [c], 3.6K]
>
> Both are wrong. Ding, thx for playing.
>
> The attached file had no charset defined. So it will use anything your
> MUA decides is correct.

Which strangely is 8bit US-Ascii (ha!) in my case :)

> Some will try and detect the charset (bad, bad idea). Some will default
> to system, and some will just assign a default value.
>
> Interesting enough, my system is (doh! CentOS4) UTF-8 by default, but
> Mutt is defaulting that particular attachment to iso-8859-1 here
> (yes, set charset="utf-8" is configured).

Same here, but mutt sees it as ascii. That's why I put some pressure on
people to put that on the wiki, as that is utf-8 safe.

And (as everything is on one page) it's easier to digest for those
creating the slides than pulling the correct version from some mailing
list ...

Ralph