[CentOS-devel] Zero day updates upstream

Fri Mar 16 01:20:10 UTC 2007

Matt Hyclak wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 01:07:20AM +0000, Karanbir Singh enlightened us:
>> Ralph Angenendt wrote:
>>> Yes. Stick to upstream release disks and roll out the updates at the
>>> same time.
>>>
>> should we also add a line to the default installer that has the updates
>> repo already listed ( but unselected ) at install time ? giving the user
>> a chance to enable and use packages from there? ( only if they are
>> really online )
>
> I think the update repo being there and unchecked by default is a great way
> to handle this.

Just talking to Lance and Johnny online, and we feel the best way
forward might be to add an Media-Updates/ repo on the iso's itself -
then list both the local media updates as well as mirror.centos.org
updates repo's in the anaconda screen, both disabled.

We feel this gives us the max wins in each direction ( but will slightly
increase the data size on the last cd, as packages from cd-1 will move
to cd-2 etc.

I will still try and ensure that a minimum install is possible using
only cd-1, but cant promise that.

- KB