[CentOS-devel] Zero day updates upstream

Fri Mar 16 03:18:32 UTC 2007
John Summerfield <debian at herakles.homelinux.org>

Matt Hyclak wrote:

>> should we also add a line to the default installer that has the updates
>> repo already listed ( but unselected ) at install time ? giving the user
>> a chance to enable and use packages from there? ( only if they are
>> really online )
>
> I think the update repo being there and unchecked by default is a great way
> to handle this.

Better, there (on the media if possible) and checked if it is
immediately available, but don't spend five minutes finding out. I hate
it when I configure an ntp server (pool.ntp.org) and then the box spends
ages trying to access the servers when there's no Internet connectivity.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait