[CentOS-devel] Re: Third repos CentOS 5 compatibility

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon May 7 11:11:01 UTC 2007

On Fri, May 04, 2007 at 12:15:53AM +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 03:09:52PM -0700, C.M. Connelly wrote:
> > "JEC" == Jordi Espasa Clofent <sistemes.llistes at intergrid.cat>
> >
> >     JEC> Hi all, I've always used kb, dries and dag's repos in
> >     JEC> CentOS 4.x.
> >
> >     JEC> Now I'm testing CentOS 5.x (congratulation for your great
> >     JEC> work!) and I wonder if the three popular repos called
> >     JEC> above are available/compatible for CentOS 5.
> >
> > Note that another option is/will be the Fedora EPEL (``Extra
> > Packages for Enterprise Linux'') [...]
> > I know that Dag and Karanbir both participate in the list (I'm
> > making no claims for their satisfaction with how things are going
> > so far).  Axel Thimm, who's a Fedora developer who also runs a
> > third-party repo, is also very active with EPEL.
>
> But also very disappointed from the course that EPEL chose to take wrt
> to all other 3rd party repos. He's currently stripping off repotags
> from his repo cursing all day people in EPEL that forced him to do
> this.

FWIW I finally stepped down from epel today:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/epel-devel-list/2007-May/msg00019.html

More time for other projects, like improving "third party CentOS 5
compatibility" (quoting the subject) with the repos that do care about
each-other.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net