[CentOS-devel] yum 2.4.3 updates for CentOS 3 and 4 in the testing repo

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu May 17 06:46:05 UTC 2007

Ing. Ernesto Pérez Estévez wrote:
> MailScanner uses perl-DBD-SQLite to create a spamassassin cache database
> In Debugging mode, not forking...
> /usr/bin/perl: relocation error:
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/DBD/SQLite/SQLite.so:
> undefined symbol: dbd_st_finish

thats a reflection of the really bad way MailScanner is packaged up. iirc, it
actually builds most of the rpms it needs at install time - so the fix there is
going to be to reinstall MailScanner.

> My suggestion is: to offer perl-DBD-SQLite's rpms in the dev.centos.org
> rpms, otherwise perl-DBD-SQLite will stay behind, compiled for the
> original sqlite and it will fail to work.

I dont think thats a good idea at all, if the perl-DBD-SQLite installed already
on your machine is going to no longer work, its dep chain should reflect that
and let you know.

- KB