[CentOS-devel] auto-fixed-version-deps checking and rebuilding

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Mon May 21 21:53:32 UTC 2007

Jeff Johnson wrote:
> Doing closure checks repeatedly is the traditional way of finding problems.

i suppose this is the easiest way to move forward on this issue..

> Hint: creating and configuring and maintaining a rpmdb-centos package
> will permit easy
> translation back to package srpm's. rpm-metadata often lacks complete
> file info.

sounds interesting, but will need to workout how much work is involved
in looking at multiple rpmdb's of this nature, I dont want to rebuild
the entire rpmdb-centos everytime a new package is built. So the aim
would/could be to just have a bog standard one that gets built weekly,
and another that changes with 'fresh builds'.

> Hmmm, openpkg has pretty good automation, you might ask what they do.

good call, will check with them what / how they manage their stuff.

- KB