[CentOS-devel] yum 2.4.3 updates for CentOS 3 and 4 in the testing repo

Linux Rockz

LinuxRockz at Gmail.com
Thu May 17 22:25:50 UTC 2007

Daniel de Kok wrote:
> On Thu, 10 May 2007 21:56:09 +0200
> Daniel de Kok <daniel at centos.org> wrote:
>
>> * CentOS 3: this is the first release of yum 2.4 for CentOS 3, and we
>>   plan to provide this as an optional upgrade through the CentOSPlus
>>   repository. We have added code to yum 2.4 for default kernel handling
>>   (as setting the default kernel after kernel updates was handled by yum
>>   2.0). Additionally, the package also requires the yum C metadata
>>   parser.
>>

> Any folks out there who have tested this on CentOS 3 yet? We'd really
> like to get some feedback on how well this works, especially with the
> new kernel update handling.
>
> -- Daniel

I got this after upgrading on my C3 box.

# yum update
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/yum", line 28, in ?
    import yummain
  File "/usr/share/yum-cli/yummain.py", line 24, in ?
    import cli
  File "/usr/share/yum-cli/cli.py", line 27, in ?
    from optparse import OptionParser
ImportError: No module named optparse