[CentOS-devel] Building CentOS for Alpha/AXP and SPARC

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Fri May 4 23:06:47 UTC 2007

Martin P. Kalitis wrote:
> That might be a bit difficult as I'm in Sydney Australia. I was thinking
> more along the lines of doing a build on the AXP I have at home and
> producing the ISOs etc.

I have an Alpha ( thankfully not an axp but something newer ) machine
here, and dont mind helping along - but i dont want to be driving this
process.

If you are really interested and want to try to make this happen ( and
have the time to make it happen ) we can start by working out a
bootstrap mechanism and get started building stuff.

Also, I want to here acknowledge the fantastic work that Pasi has
already done previously to get a working CentOS-4 distro on the Alpha,
it will give us a very very good starting point to move from.

- KB